Spoiler Alert! This post contains spoilers for Game of Thrones.
A lot of stuff happened on Sunday’s Game of Thrones episode — Samwell tries to cure Jorah, Jon and Sev Davos is set to meet Daenerys, Missandei and Grey Worm did it, Nymeria met Arya, etc. — but one of the biggest surprises came near the end of “Stormborn”.
When Euron Greyjoy attacked Yara and company on their way to pick up the Dornish army. Tyrion and Daenerys had come up with the very good plan to have Yara and Ellaria grab the Dornish and take them to King’s Landing for a siege, only they forgot or didn’t know that Euron is still a thing, on a mission to do whatever might help Cersei keep her hold on the Iron Throne. Fire and blood ensued, the Sand Snakes met their end, and Yara’s fleet is now out.
While taking Yara hostage, Euron offered Theon the chance to fight for his sister, but Theon, having been understandably scarred for life by Ramsay Bolton, jumped off the ship and swam away. Theon probably has PTSD from his time as Reek and thus can be forgiven for neglecting to fight, but this fact did not stop people from making many jokes about his abrupt jump into the sea.
1. When you realize, it’s Reek.
2. Good Job Theon! Finally, you learned to escape.
3. Kill or run away.
4. Finding Theon
5. I die, I want Theon Greyjoy to lower me into the ground, just so he can let me down one last time!
6. This one is Epic!!!
7. Hahaha.. So relatable
8. If he is the one who saves Theon on that boat I will die. Lol.
9. Best you can do is disappear.
10. How meaningful it turned out to be
11. Wait! What?
12. The real foreign invasion. ROFL.