Akshay Kumar’s upcoming satirical movie Toilet: Ek Prem Katha is set to release on 11th August. Before its release, the movie got caught in a paradoxical situation. A man was caught peeing on the poster of Toilet: Ek Prem Katha poster and became a viral meme. He was trollers by Twitter’s creative users.
Here are some of the best memes:
His Toilet released before Akshay's 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/oU6ZSE1ZNr
— InGenious (@Bees_Kut) August 8, 2017
Akshay Kumar : Don't pee anywhere, pee only when you see a toilet
Citizens : As you wish pic.twitter.com/hD1lPMKdwn
— Bollywood Gandu (@BollywoodGandu) August 8, 2017
— Godman Chikna (@Madan_Chikna) August 8, 2017
Shortest review ever. pic.twitter.com/SiKCtNXM8h
— Pakchikpak Raja Babu (@HaramiParindey) August 8, 2017
We take advertisements too seriously 😂😂 pic.twitter.com/hUj6jDrnvs
— Mask (@Mr_LoLwa) August 9, 2017
Newton's 3rd Law of motion. pic.twitter.com/3klUaHhjFh
— Trendulkar (@Trendulkar) August 8, 2017
RT if you haven't seen a bigger irony than this. pic.twitter.com/229fAKrn6V
— Maithun (जनेऊ धारी) 🚩 (@Being_Humor) August 8, 2017
The film that deals with tackling the menace of open defecation couldn’t have asked for a better promotion just a few days before its release.
The irony doesn’t end here. Stars like Ranveer Singh, Siddharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan also supported the social cause on the pressing issue of open defecation. All the three actors have cheered for Akshay Kumar-Bhumi Pednekar social satire and posted videos of them controlling their urge!
Take a look:
— Ranveer Singh (@RanveerOfficial) August 8, 2017
— Sidharth Malhotra (@S1dharthM) August 9, 2017
— Varun Dhawan (@Varun_dvn) August 8, 2017
Akshay Kumar is leaving no stone unturned to campaign for the social cause. See how:
- He collaborated with Kaya constructs in building toilets across different parts of the country.
- He even released a toilet anthem called ‘Toilet Ka Jhugaad’.
- He volunteered to dig up toilets and wasn’t afraid to get his hands dirty. He dug a toilet in Khargone district of Madhya Pradesh as part of promoting his film as well as promoting sanitation.
- When the trailer of ‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’ came out, Mr. Narendra Modi was one of the first to shower praises on the film. He commented, “Good effort to further the message of cleanliness. 125 crore Indians have to continue working together to create a Swachh Bharat.”
- Akshay Kumar and Bhumi Pednekar joined Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath, in his cleanliness drive to promote their upcoming film.